Tuesday, October 28, 2008
We want to get to know you! Here are a few questions to help us get better acquainted.
1. What is your favorite genre?
2. Do you have an all-time favorite book? What is it, and why do you love it?
3. Is there a book that you read during your youth that has stayed with you into your adult years?
4. What do you look for in a book?
I'll start things off.
1. I love reading fantasy and science fiction, but I'll read almost anything, if it's well written.
2. If I had to choose just one it would have to be Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, a book about what might happen if people stopped reading. Bradbury has a beautiful style, his writing is very poetic.
3. Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher. I read it when I was 10 years old, and it was the first book to make me cry. It also started my love affair with dragons and the fantasy genre.
4. The most important thing, to me, are the characters. If the characters aren't believable and understandable then the whole book falls on its face, no matter how great and original the plot is.
Now it's your turn.